Las Vegas CPR stands out among its competition because of high quality CPR courses and cheap training fees. With over eight different training courses, we have the most varied list of programs to offer students. Because we are dedicated to the comfort of our prospective trainees, we offer them four different ways to enroll in our programs. By far the most popular, is through the online form on the Las Vegas CPR website. The other methods are through e-mail, telephone, and in-person.
The prevention of heart disease
The number one cause of death in the US, and in the entire world, is ischemic heart disease. It kills over 600,000 Americans each year, being the number one killer of both men and women. In our CPR programs, we teach our rescuers the important of prevention through health education. Screening is quite important, particular self-screening for the common signs and symptoms of a heart condition.
- Get your blood pressure taken regularly. It is important that you know your baseline, and how it can affect or should affect your lifestyle.
- Ask your physician if you need to be tested for diabetes. Diabetes is one of the major risk factors for heart disease.
- If you smoke, stop! Nicotine damages the vessels, making them prone to the build up of fatty deposits (plaque).
- Have a healthy diet. Overweight and obese people are more likely to develop heart disease.
- Limit your alcohol intake.
- Be stress-free! Stress lowers the immune system and can lead to unhealthy lifestyle choices.
Courses in CPR
At Las Vegas CPR, we have three Basic Life Support courses and two Advanced Life Support courses available. Basic courses focus on basic skills training in compession, ventilation, and defibrillation. Advanced courses tackle skills in medical management, primarily done by healthcare professionals.
For our Advanced Life Support courses, we require the trainee to train first in Basic Life Support for HCPs. There is also a pre-test that the trainee has to pass. We have no requirements for basic courses.
- Heartsaver CPR – 4 hrs., one-person CPR and first aid
- Heartsaver CPR C – 4.5 hrs., one-person CPR and first aid
- Basic Life Support for HCPs – 4.5 hrs., one and two-person CPR, BLS guidelines, and first aid
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) – 16 hrs., adult cases of cardiac arrest
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – 14 hrs., pediatric cases of cardiac arrest
Certificates are awarded to all students once they complete training. The training certificates have to be renewed every two years, through re-certification courses. We offer re-certification for the last three programs on the list. They are shorter, typically completed in a single session.
- Basic Life Support for HCPs – 4 hrs.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support – 5 to 6 hrs.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support – 6 to 8 hrs.
Remember to renew your credentials before they expire. We do not allow rescuers with expired credentials to sign up for re-certification; they have to take the training program again.