Candidates in the health care industry are typically recommended to take health care provider CPR, also known as CPR “HCP”. CPR “HCP” classes combine all the class content offered in CPR “A”, “B” and “C” and add additional information. This CPR class is the most comprehensive stand-alone CPR class offered through the 4 major providers. This course includes training and certification in the use of automated external defibrillators (AED). Candidates should be wary of any on-line CPR “HCP” class as they will not meet government and legislative standards. To learn CPR “hands on” training taught in a CPR class through a accredited instructor is recommended. The information posted on this page is for a St Mark James CPR “HCP” class which is 90% equivalent to a CPR “HCP” class through any other provider.
CPR “HCP” Class Length:
The class length of a CPR “HCP” class is approximately 6 hours.
CPR Class Cost:
The cost of a CPR “HCP” and AED class depends on the training provider and location. Class cost ranges from 60 dollars to 110 dollars.
Level “HCP” Registration:
To register for a CPR “HCP” and AED class in your region select your location from the main menu or side menu bar or visit our locations page by clicking here. We only partner with high quality St Mark James providers.
CPR Class Content:
Candidates enrolled in CPR level “HCP” and AED classes will learning the following skills / knowledge:
- When and how to do CPR on a unconscious adult, child or infant.
- When and how to do CPR on a unconscious adult, child or infant with two rescuers
- How to keep yourself safe during a rescue.
- How to use more advanced equipment such as bag-valve masks.
- How to be prepared as a first aider.
- How to recognize a choking and rescue a choking adult, child or infant victim.
- Understanding the legalities behind first aid and CPR.
- How to recognize and treat victims of cardiovascular disease.
- How to recognize and treat unconscious victims with a obstructed airway.
- When and how to contact EMS.
- When and how to use a automated external defibrillator (AED)
- How to treat victims that are not breathing but have a pulse
No prerequisites are required for this course.
St Mark James CPR Certification
Candidates that successfully complete this course will receive a St Mark James CPR “HCP” and AED certificate that is valid throughout Canada for 3 years. Annual re-certification is recommended and the Lifesaving Society and St Mark James both offer HCP renewal classes. This CPR “HCP” certificate meets government regulation and legislative standards for your region.