CPR level “A” classes are the most basic stand-alone CPR classes offered through the four major providers. This course is designed for people that want to learn or need certification for CPR only on adult victims. This page will outline the components covered in a St Mark James CPR level “A” class. Regardless of provider, 90% of CPR level “A” classes, as long as they are taught through a credible provider, are the same. Avoid taking any on-line CPR training because in order to meet government legislative standards you need to receive hands-on training through a qualified instructor. To register with a CPR “A” provider in your region click here.
CPR “A” Class Components
Students enrolled in CPR level “A” classes will learning the following skills / knowledge:
- When and how to do CPR on a unconscious adult or child.
- How to keep yourself safe during a rescue.
- How to be prepared as a first aider.
- How to recognize a choking and rescue a choking adult or child victim.
- Understanding the legalities behind first aid and CPR.
- How to recognize and treat victims of cardiovascular disease.
- How to recognize and treat unconscious victims with a obstructed airway.
- When and how to contact EMS.
- When and how to use a automated external defibrillator (AED)
Students enrolled in this CPR class will practise skills and knowledge on mannequins and in practise scenarios.
St Mark James CPR Certification
When candidates complete the course they will receive a St Mark James CPR level “A” and AED certificate that is valid for 3 years. This certificate meets government standards for workplace standards. Annual re-certification is recommended.
Level “A” Course Length
The length of this course is 3 to 4 hours in length.
CPR Course Cost
The cost of this course depends on the the training provider and region. Course cost ranges from 45 dollars to 85 dollars. CPR manual and certification fee’s are included in the mentioned prices.
No prerequisites are required for this course.
CPR Class Registration:
To register for a CPR level “A” and AED course select your location from the side menu or main menu. All provided location offer high quality St Mark James CPR level “A” classes.