The largest provider of Red Cross CPR classes in Coquitlam, the Lower Mainland and the tri-cities area is Vancouver First Aid (VFA). VFA has opened a new training centre in Coquitlam and provides first aid, CPR and AED courses throughout the week including on weekends and week nights. A variety of registration methods are available including on-line (click here for more information), email (email@example.com) , telephone (778-709-9180) or even via on-line chat on the website. New parents can also register for private infant CPR courses where instructors come to you. Learn to manage breathing emergencies, choking and cardiac emergencies by enrolling in a CPR class in Coquitlam today.
What Topics Are Taught in a CPR Class?
Customers that register for a CPR class in Coquitlam, B.C. with VFA will learn about the following topics:
- When and how to contact EMS
- The history of the Red Cross
- H.A.I.N.E.S. recovery position
- How to check vitals (breathing)
- Opening the airway
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated external defibrillators (AED)
- Compression only CPR
- Heart Attacks
- Transient Ischemic Attacks (TIA)
- Anaphylaxis (allergic reactions)
- External / Deadly bleeding
- Using bystanders during emergencies
- 5 Rights to medication
- Do not resuscitate bracelets
- Head to toe surveys
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Preventing infection
These topics and more are covered in a CPR class in Coquitlam with VFA
What CPR Classes are available?
A number of different classes are available that include CPR training. Here’s a brief list of some of the more popular courses available:
- CPR level “A” and AED
- CPR level “C” and AED
- CPR level “C” for health care providers (also known as CPR “HCP”) and AED
- Heart and Stroke Foundation basic life support (BLS)
- Heart and Stroke Foundation advanced cardiac life support (ACLS)
- Heart and Stroke Foundation pediatric advanced life support (PALS)
- Private infant CPR training
What else can I Take with VFA?
A number of other courses are available with VFA in Coquitlam, B.C. including:
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) training (Enform)
- Red Cross standard, emergency and childcare first aid, CPR and AED
- Babysitting first aid
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS)
- Food Safe level 1 (on-line and in-class)
- First aid and CPR re-certifications
These courses and more are offered. Visit the website, using the information posted above to find the class you need and register today.
How Do I Register for a CPR Class or any other Class?
To register for a course use the following information
- Website: https://vancouverfirstaid.ca/about/locations/coquitlam/
- Telephone: 778-709-9180
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
What is the different between occupational first aid and emergency first aid?
Customer’s in B.C. are consistently confused with what first aid and CPR course they are required to take. That confusion is most apparent with emergency first aid and occupational first aid (OFA level 1) (both offered at VFA in Coquitlam). Emergency first aid is a popular Canada wide course that is 8 hours in length and meets many provincial and workplace requirements. It meets provincial requirements in Alberta and Ontario. Many workplaces and schools also accept the emergency first aid certification. However, in B.C., many people are required to have certification that meets WorkSafe BC requirements such as OFA level 1. OFA level 1 is also 8 hours in length and has very similar content. Customer service representatives at VFA recommend that you talk to your employer to determine what course they need you to take.
Get a Head Start on Your Training: Hand Washing Video